Friday, June 15, 2012

Movie Review: Project X: The Mother of All Parties

It is mid-June right now. I’m in the middle of an exam-period, so I spend the bulk of my time studying. In the evening my brain has stopped functioning and all I need before a good night sleep is some senseless entertainment. That is exactly what Project X is, a found footage film of some High school kids holding a party when the parents are out of town to gain popularity. The movie may or may not be based on the internet phenomenon Corey Delaney. An Australian teenager who held a massive party that disturbed the neighborhood, destroyed cars etc.  

The movie tells the story of three High school seniors holding a birthday party while the parents are away for the weekend. Thomas (Thomas Mann), seems like a responsible youngster, and his parents trust him. He envisioned a small get-together just to have fun and gain some popularity. However, his “best friend” Costa (Oliver Cooper) sees things a little bit bigger. He markets the party massively and plans for the biggest party of all time. And he succeeded, unfortunately the party quickly gets out of hand and half the neighborhood gets destroyed.

The plot and the characters may not be most well-written. But as a form of senseless entertainment for teenagers, it’s pretty good. However, the movie did lack in consequences after the fact. Half a neighborhood gets destroyed; however the teens seem to come out of it pretty fine. Yes, there is mention of some law-suits and possible jail-time. But what we see isn’t so bad. Thomas’ parents completely under-react, the father even seems proud. If I did that, I don’t think my parents would ever look at me again.

As I have stated before, if you are a teenager looking for some senseless entertainment, Project X might just be the thing you are looking for. Don’t look for anything deep, it’s all about a party.

Leave a comment with your thoughts on the review, or on the movie itself. I’d Love to hear what you have to say. If you have any movies you would like me to review, send me an e-mail at: nuggettreviews@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment